Monday 4 December 2023

People who say ‘I AM GOD’ or ‘I AM BRAHMAN’ or ‘I AM THAT’ are merely repeating like a parrot, words, which they have read.+

The ‘Self’ is not within you but the ‘Self’ is hidden by the universe. The ‘Self’ is hidden by the universe because the universe is created out of the Self. The Self is not ‘you’ but the Self is the Soul, which is present in the form of consciousness.

All the ‘I-centric’ and ‘you-centric’ Gurus spin the yarn of their imagination based on 'I'. From, the Advaitic perspective, the ‘I-centric’ and you-centric Gurus and their teaching have no value because they will not help the seeker to reach the ultimate end of understanding.

That is why Ashtavakra Gita 16:10:~ If you desire liberation, but you still say ‘I’, if you feel the ’Self’’ is the ‘I’, you are not a wise man or a seeker. You are simply a man who suffers.

The ‘Self’ means the existence. The existence is hidden by the illusory form, time, and space. Those who say ‘I AM THAT without even knowing what the ‘Self supposed to be in actuality.

The Soul, which is present in the form of consciousness is the existence hidden by the illusory form, time, and space.

That is why Sage Sankara says: ~ “-(VC)60. The Scriptures consisting of many words are a dense forest that merely causes the mind to ramble. Hence men of wisdom should earnestly set about knowing the true nature of the ‘Self’.

People who say ‘I AM GOD’ or ‘I AM BRAHMAN’ or ‘I AM THAT’ are merely repeating parrot words that they have read in the scriptures or heard. It does not prove that they have realized the ultimate truth or Brahman. With bookish or hearsay knowledge it is unable to prove that everything is Atman. One has to do lots of homework to realize the 'Self'.

Yoga Vasistha says: ~ Self-knowledge or knowledge of truth is not had by resorting to a Guru (preceptor) nor by the study of scripture, nor by good works: it is attained only by means of inquiry inspired by the company of wise (Gnani). One’s inner light alone is the means, naught else. When this inner light is kept alive, it is not affected by the darkness of inertia.

The Upanishads say: ~

Mundaka Upanishad 1:2:8: ~ “Remaining in the fold of ignorance and thinking “we are extremely wise and learned,” the fools with boastful nature ramble about like the blind led by the blind alone.”

Mundaka Upanishad 3:2:3: ~ “The weak and timid cannot realize the Self. Self-realization is not possible through intellect or hearing spiritual discourse. One who welcomes God in every activity, through a thorough controlled, and disciplined life, to him also the Soul is revealed.

Katha Upanishad 1:2:23: ~ The Soul cannot be realized through hearing the scholarly explanation of the discourses, not even by the intellect.

Katha Upanishad 1:3:6: ~ “Through the knowledge of the Soul God, one is pure and clean constantly.” Neither by reading the book nor by taking a bath at the holy place has one become pure. Inner purity is possible when one remains in constant touch with the Soul. Constant Soul Consciousness is the real purity.

Kena Upanishad 2:4: ~ When it is known through every state of cognition, it is rightly known, for (by such knowledge) one attains life eternal. Through one's own Self, one gains power and through wisdom one gains immortality.

Kena Upanishad 2:5: ~ If here one knows it, then there is the truth, and if here one knows it not, there is a great loss. Hence, seeing the Real in all beings, wise men become immortal on departing from this world.

The scriptures are being added to from time to time. This process will go on. There is the final authority among them? One contradicts the other: duality reigns supreme.

The Upanishads are Self-contradictory. Every pundit even gives conflicting interpretations of them. The final authority, therefore, is using one’s own reason. One should apply his reason to them.

The scriptures are for ignorant masses, who wholly accept the material world as it presents itself. Gnana is for those who have begun to realize that things are not what they seem.

The Scriptures are of value only when dealing with persons who are incapable of understanding the truth. They have no value as authority for those who use reason. I quote only verified citations from the scriptures. I need no scriptures, but I quote them to help the seekers realize what the scriptures are saying.

Remember:~ ’I’ is not the ‘Self’ and the ‘Self’ is not the 'I '. 'I ' is bound by form, time and space. Without form, time, and space, the ‘I’ ceases to exist. Holding, ‘I’ as the ‘Self’, the Soul, the ‘Self’ remains in the clutches of dualistic illusion or Maya.

When there is duality then there is ignorance. Ignorance is the cause of experiencing the dualistic illusion or Maya as a reality.

One, who identifies the ‘Self’ as the ‘I’, will not be able to cross the threshold of dualistic illusion. There is no point in saying 'I ' or 'I AM THAT' because the Self’ is that which witnesses the 'I ' and the world together without the physical apparatus.

The dualistic illusion is present in the form of the ‘I’. ‘I’ is present in the form of the mind. The mind is in the form of the universe.

The universe appears as waking or dream (duality) and disappears as deep sleep (nonduality). The individual experiences of birth, life, death, and the world are within the waking experience. The waking experience itself is an illusion. The dream is a parallel waking experience and waking is a parallel dream.

Bhagavad Gita: ~ The permanent is always there, only the transient ‘I’ comes and goes. (2.18)

The nonduality is the nature of the Soul, the Self. Therefore, the Soul becomes the mind (I). And mind (I) becomes the Soul. The Soul and mind (I) are one in essence. That essence is the Soul which is present in the form of consciousness. The consciousness is the ultimate truth or Brahman or God in truth.

Remember this:~ The Self is not the ‘I’. The ‘I’ is present in the form of the mind. The origin of the mind is the Soul. The mind is present in the form of the universe. The Soul is present in the form of consciousness. The root of the universe is consciousness.

Thus, saying ‘I AM THAT ’ keeps one in the domain of the dualistic illusion. The duality is not reality. The duality is a product of ignorance. The body, ego, and the world are of the ignorant.

When wisdom dawns the ignorance disappears. When ignorance disappears the duality will never be a reality even though there is duality, it is merely an illusion created out of a single stuff. That single stuff is the Soul which is present in the form of consciousness.

The Soul is the Self. The Self is God. It is not “I AM GOD, but it’s correct to say ‘the SELF IS GOD because the Self is not the ‘I’ or ’I AM” but the ‘Self’ is the witness of the ‘I’ or I AM”. : ~ Santthosh Kumaar

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is no need to study philosophies of Berkeley, Kant, Hume, and other western and eastern philosophers.+

Science may give the scientific answers, religion the religious answers, and the yogi will give yogic answers but in pursuit of truth the se...